The British Independent Retailers Association (Bira) has announced the launch of a new hub dedicated to supporting businesses through the Coronavirus pandemic.
The hub, which can be found at www.bira.co.uk/coronavirus, is designed to guide members and the wider retail community through the crisis, acting as a one-stop shop featuring a wealth of information and advice. It is being updated every day, throughout the day. Information on the hub includes:
- The list of businesses still allowed to trade, and those being asked to close.
- How and where to access emergency Government support, including the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans.
- Details of local authority support.
- Employee/employer guidance including details on sick pay allowance.
- The latest legislation with regards to ‘relaxed’ trading
There are also guides to wellbeing, as well inspirational stories of what our members are doing to adapt to the current situation.
Andrew Goodacre, Bira’s CEO, commented: “Everyone at Bira has been working hard to ensure that our members and the wider retail community receive the support they need at this time. Our focus has been to provide accurate guidance based on information we have received for the various government departments. The dedicated hub on our website will updated on a regular basis.”